April Meeting Highlights
Dear SSTF suporters:
We would like to keep you up to date and engaged with highlights from each meeting. Find information from the April meeting below:
- We have over 500 signatures on the Trail and Open Space petition. We have set a goal of 750 signatures by May, Please help us spread the word and reach our goal by emailing your friends and posting on social media. You can find the petition here.
- Our first Fundraising Event – Friday, June 10th at the Cattleman’s Hall. This will be a fun family party with carnival like games and dinner from the Road Island Diner. We are looking for volunteers to help plan and execute the event. Please email info@southsummittrail.
org if you are able to help.
- We applied for a RAP tax grant of $50,000. $25,000 specifically for the Marion Park pump track project.
- How will we use raised money? Many grants require a monetary match, funds raised will be used for this purpose as well as to buy supplied for building trails. Other uses might include making signage for trails and other such things.
- We will participate in the Oakley 4th of July parade. Let us know if you are interested in walking, riding, dressing up, whatever sounds fun. Parade info here.
- Board members are meeting in the next month with Oakley, Francis and Kamas City Councils to introduce SSTF and begin a positive relationship.
- Update on the East Summit County zoning proposal: The Planning Commission and the County Council are in a series of meetings to determine what needs to be done with the proposal. Letters to the County Council and signing the petition will be very helpful in getting our voices heard.
- First Trail work day will be June 4th – National Trails Day. We have adopted Shingle Creek Trail on lower Mirror Lake Highway. Trail info here.
- The board met with Nicholas Brown, Trails/Wilderness Manager over Kamas/Heber area. The US Forest Service is very excited to partner.
- Please send photos of you, your friends and your family using the trails in our area. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking for more visual representation of how important trails are to our valley.
Please let us know if you have any questions or comments and we look forward to seeing you very soon.
Rae Sutherland and SSTF Board